Wednesday

Follow you, follow me?


After the euphoria of last week, back to earth with a bump for the Deutsche Bank. Most eyes including mine will be on Gleneagles this week as the Europeans fight for that last automatic spot. The starting field here is a muddled one. Has Vijay fixed his putting problem? Can Sergio put four rounds of brilliance together? Is Mickelson heading the same way as Monty? Will Padraig just put his foot down on the last day and leave them all trailing? Who knows...


There's no value on the first day with all the players mentioned above trading at under 20/1 as I write. Looking down the field, you mght like the 100/1 about Poulter, who's on a mission to get Fed Ex points cos I guess they're worth a bit more than being in the Ryder Cup. Peter Lonard and Matt Goggin are silly odds at over 200/1 and Rich Beem will win again one day.


But. like last week, I'm going to wait for 36 holes before I pick my 100/1 winner. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment