Wednesday

Cheltenham Festival!

Was I the only punter who attended Randwick and Cheltenham in the same week? There's nothing like the Festival and once again, from the 9.30 train journey filled with eager punters through to the terrific card of racing it lived up to all expectations.

Well more, actually, thanks to an inspired selection in the last race, where my tenner on Andytown returned an unbelievable 317 pounds return after an easy win. And this coming after my old mate Tom backed a 22/1 winner earlier in the day and we both had a few bob on a 10/1 winner. As they say round here "ay ay"...
If I'd had my wits about me, I'd have backed the forecast in the first as well, but I didn't. Still, is there any better feeling in the world than getting home with your pockets bulging with bookie's cash? I've not come across it yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment