Thursday

Running hot?

I played with Nathan Green once. Well, more accurately, I caddied for a mexican pro whose name escapes me who was paired in the Jacobs Creek with the Novocastrian. I remember being blown away by Nathan Green's ordinariness (and his huge caddie who grunted at me all the way round). Green's game was reminiscent of Peter Alliss...hit it down the middle somewhere, knock it on the green, putt it close and hole out...easy. Tidy but bottom line, he's not the man you'd expect to be shooting for the lead in the USA.

But he is. He's three shots off the Furyk action and I've backed him at 330/1. Trevor Immelman, another of my picks, is in the clubhouse at 3 under and he's safely backed at 200/1. But in the week when I left Cheltenham with a bunch of twenty's it's Chris Couch we'll be watching tomorrow after taking the 1000/1 on Betfair. Couchy started with four birdies till he woke up limping home to a 70, one under par.

Wish I had Sky TV when I'm travelling. Justin TV and I are about to become good friends. Go Couchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment